You can make getting a mortgage as a self-employed contractor as hard or as easy as you’d like. Go the traditional High Street route and you’re in for a hard, dissatisfying slog. But find a contractor specialist broker? Your hardest job will be choosing matching curtains and carpet.
- The five elements essential to contractors to get the right mortgage – for them
- How to get the best from your broker;
- What types of contractor can get a UK mortgage?
- What types of mortgage are available to UK contractors?
- Why using accounts to get a contractor mortgage is just plain wrong;
- How much can self-employed contractors borrow for a mortgage?
- The affordability calculation;
- An example using real life figures;
- How long does it take to process a contractor mortgage application;
- The truth about underwriting contractor mortgages;
- Why getting the right information to the underwriters is so important.
Continue reading »5 Essentials Contractors Can’t Ignore for Getting a Mortgage